By Sam Hysell on August 30, 2016
In this episode we’re excited to have Jason Harris, Director of Corporate Marketing & Communications for UI LABS. UI LABS is a first-of-its-kind innovation accelerator, addressing problems too big for any one organization to solve on its own. The challenges we are addressing in manufacturing and smart cities are at the intersection of digital convergence: computing, big data, and the Internet of Things (IOT).
In this episode, we dive into lots of powerful topics, tips and tactics like:
- How UI labs has brought together corporations and public sector entities build a powerful applied research and commercialization engine.
- The benefits of collaborative corporate innovation.
- How the Digital Manufacturing And Design Innovation Institute (DMDII) works with partners in industry, academia, the nonprofit sector and government, DMDII to sponsor research projects in digital manufacturing and design, disseminate the lessons learned, and help educate the workforce of tomorrow.
- How their City Digital program functions and taps into the collective power of entities like the City of Chicago’s economic development arm, Microsoft, Siemens, CommonWealth Edison, University of Illinois, HBK Engineering.
- How UI Labs identifies and unites all a bunch of diverse organizations around a problem statement.
- Jason Harris’ favorite books in the innovation landscape like Steve Case’s, The Third Wave: An Entrepreneur’s Vision of the Future [https://www.evernote.com/OutboundRedirect.action?dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FThird-Wave-Entrepreneurs-Vision-Future%2Fdp%2F150113258X] and Charles Duhigg’s Smarter, Faster, Better: The Secrets of Being Productive in Life and Business. [https://www.evernote.com/OutboundRedirect.action?dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FSmarter-Faster-Better-Productive-Business-ebook%2Fdp%2FB00Z3FRYB0]
- And much more!